Skin Care Advisory
Skin Care : Put Your Best Face Forward
The first thing people notice about you is your face. All great lookng faces have one thing in common ie they have a healthy skin. Surprisingly, keeping your skin in good health is not that difficult as we assume to be. It's actully very simple. Here are some basic tips & guidelines to encourage healthier skin:
1. Protect yourself from the sun. Especially between the hours of 10 & 2. Apply sunscreen before you go out & avoid direct sunlight.
2. Do not smoke. Smoking impairs circulation in the skin dramatically. Look at the face of one of the friend who is a smoker - smokers' skin looks dull & gray.
3. To give proper nutrition to your skin, eat healthy & get adequate rest. Keep vitamins such as C & E in your diet regimen.
4. Protect yourself from both emotional & environmental stress.
5. Wash your face frequently (3 to 5 times a day). This helps in removing dead skin cells, dirt, & dust from your face.
6. Give special attention to elbows, heels, neck, & decolletage as they require moisturizing. Similarly, your scalp & the tops of your feet need sun protection.
7. Know your skin type. Depending on your skin type (oily, dry or combination) & the time of year, there are different products that treat & enhance your skin. Different treatments will have very different results. It is important to know your skin's requirements.
8. Exercise regularly. It promotes capillary functioning which can decrease premature aging. It also increases oxygen supply to the tissues which keeps skin looking young.
9. Remember! Aging is a natural (& beautiful) process that happens to all of us. Certain products can help to offset wrinkles, scars, freckles, dings & dents etc., but acceptance, not denial, looks better on everyone.
10. Always use natural cosmetics & beauty products