Top Anti-Aging Tips
Look & Feel Younger: Top 10 Anti Aging Tips
1. Exercise. Exercise regularly to keep fit. According to experts exercise can slow the aging process. For most people, 20 t0 30 minutes of moderate daily exercise can do wonders to their overall health & wellbeing.
2. Drink plenty of water. Remember, water is the fountain of youth as it hydrates the skin, flushes out toxins & keeps the internal systems working properly.
3. Eat Healthy. Avoid saturated fats as it can damage your immune system, cause premature aging, clog the arteries & interfere with metabolism. Animal meat, dairy products, white sugar, & refined flours are unhealthy saturated fats which can increase the risk of stroke, heart attack & arteriosclerosis. Eat plenty of fruits & vegetables with bright colors of green, orange, red, & yellow as they have high quantity of anti-oxidant nutrients such as vitamins C & E & carotenoids. Anti-oxidants that fight the aging effects of free radicals that can cause damage to cells are also found in broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, cantaloupe, & citrus fruits. Include them in your daily diet.
4. Maintain ideal body weight. Eating a healthy diet, exercising & lifting weights can help maintain a healthy body weight & help you feel better in general. Being overweight increases the risk of heart disease, diabetes & joint problems. Moderation in food intake can help maintaining ideal body weight.
5. Stop Smoking.Apart from the risk of getting dangerous diseases like lung cancer & other respiratory problems, smoking, also plays havoc with the looks of your face. Smoking causes premature wrinkles. Formation of facial wrinkles increases with the amount of cigarettes & number of years a person has smoked. Crow's feet, hollowness in the cheeks, lines on the lower jaw & cheeks are some of the other side effects of smoking.
6. Reduce your intake of Alcohol. Alcohol causes dehydration & drys out the skin. If you sleep in a horizontal position after the session of alcohol intake, then it aids in wrinkle formation, skin stretching & facial puffiness. The good news, however, is that consuming alcohol in moderation can actully keep you in good health.
7. Practice proper skin care. One should take care of his/her skin on daily basis. Avoid longer exposure to the sun. Use moisturizers & sunscreen. Use natural anti-aging skin care products as they can exfoliate dead skin cells & infuse moisture & nutrients into the skin.
8. Don't worry, be happy! Though it is impossible to avoid stress but atleast you can avoid the aging effects by reacting better to it. You can do it defining your values as a person & the objective of your life. Prioritize what's important in your life & understanding that not all of us can be a superhuman or a Hollywood actor. Yoga & exercise can also help in keeping yourself in good shape & spirits.
9. Give your body adequate sleep. Sleep slows the aging process by helping the body conserve energy & other resources that the immune system needs to fight infection. 8-9 hours of sound sleep per night allows our body to maintain & rejuvenate itself.
10. Take supplements of anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants are certain nutrients which fight free radicals & boost the body's defenses against aging. The main sources of antioxidants are vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, plus its precursor beta carotene, as well as Bioflavonoids (vitamin P), Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Grape seed extract & Green tea.